Good news - digestive enzymes

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I ve noticed that using digestive enzymes has helped a lot. No more nausea and easier digestion
I saw a post with a similar experience. Can these enzymes be used (they are natural: ananas and papaya extract) long term?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Alicki

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Enzymes can be taken for a long time. Your body will let you know when you need to reduce the dose. If they are natural enzymes they are very similar to what your body is not making. The pancreas supplies enzymes. I'm pretty sure I am very short on amylase as I never digested carbs well. Lipase is for fat and protease is for protein. If you know which food group you have issues with you could get a more targeted enzyme or just stick with the broad spectrum if it's working for you. I could take them for a few weeks and then they started backfiring so I stopped.
It has been said that they will digest food much faster so there is potential to raise bs. Might want to keep an eye on it

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
THANKS. Thèse are tablets and are a very safe brand which doc has approved. Lipase is a problem at the moment. At that make this challenging because if i cant eat carbs and no fat, well what do i eat????? Thanks for heads up on food digestion

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
THANKS. Thèse are tablets and are a very safe brand which doc has approved. Lipase is a problem at the moment. At that make this challenging because if i cant eat carbs and no fat, well what do i eat????? Thanks for heads up on food digestion

Are you just having a hard time digesting fat or is it your gallbladder? Ox bile breaks down fat and assists the gallbladder. I had gotten mine in Amazon. There are also enzymes that target lipasr or at least have large amounts. Maybe check the brand you like and see if they have just an amylase one.

I used to take Enzymedica enzymes. Also found on Amazon.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kristine251 i havé à hard Time digesting carbs and fat and dairy. This has been going on for three months, and Im Also getting mini pancreatic attacks! Back to docs for endoscopic ultrasound on 6th july

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Attacks: pancreas inflammation that lasts a few Hours

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type