Got my first set of results.

Giblet

Well managed to see the Doctor today after last weeks false start (computer not working!) for my result

Hb1ac down from 9.0 to 6.7
Tri Glycerides down from 9.2 to 3.6
Cholesterol down from 7.5 to 3.5
Uric acid level down from 910 to 398
Weight lost 2 stone eight pounds.....so far

Got kidney pain in the week and passed a stone which I managed to capture (don't ask how but it involved some eyebrow tweezers and a sink!) So I handed that over too and he's going to have it looked at to see what its made of.

So pretty pleased so far. I still havent stopped dreaming about massive crusty bread sandwiches and Chocolate E'Clairs though :cry: :cry:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Great results ,Giblet,keep up the good work.Hope that stone was a one-off!!Have a look in the supermarkets for those mini party éclairs,some of them have only 4 carbs each so can be eaten with a clear conscious!!As long as you don't eat them all at once! :lol: :lol:

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
well done! You've been working hard by the sounds of it!

The trouble with chocolate eclairs is that you can't just eat one... esp if they are party sized...!

Im telling you it's impossible :lol:

Giblet

This will sound really bad, but the Diabetes has given me a focus thats driving me to lose weight and "revise" the way I look at food so that I can contol it. I know my weaknesses and If I dont buy the things I crave and they are not in the house, then I'm fine. It's knowing that there is a packet of biscuits or box of choccies in the house that will drive me to distraction until i stuff the lot! I am really pleased with my progress so far and it's nice to know that there are some really nice people on here that will help me when I get stressed out and reach for the car keys to drive down to KFC for a bargain bucket!

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
Mine too, unfortunately if I started having choc in the house, in any form, it wouldn't last 2 minutes. Great result giblet, hope I can do as well in the future! :D
Chris

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Ok so your sweet course was 16 carbs, but what about the deep fried mars bar and chips :shock: :shock: :shock:

sugarless sue said:
Ok I'll admit to 4!!That's still only 16 carbs. :lol: :lol: :lol: