Happy Halloween / 39th anniversary - and thanks to...

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Today, Saturday, 31st October 2015, is exactly 39 (thirty-nine) years since my diagnosis with "Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus".

Back then, I had been to the sixth birthday party of a classmate (I can still remember her name!) after being quite ill (on and off) for several months, eating all manner of 1970's birthday party foods!

Today, I took my eldest (4) to her school friends 5th birthday party watching them eat all manner of 21st century birthday party foods! (I ate two slices of cucumber that she didn't want.)

I'm commemorating the past, the present and toasting the future with a couple of excellent glasses of "La Piuma" red wine and chunks of Vintage Cheddar - yum yum - for they are both indeed scrumdidlyicious!!!

I've had my fair share of good times, bad times, times I tried to hide from it, times I just got on with it and times I went completely berserk with it; parts of me have being paying the price, and my wife and daughters have suffered interminable **** from 'diabetic-me' on my worst days, but I'm starting over and much of that is thanks to the info, advice, experiences and listening ears of many of you.

There are too many of you to list entirely, but in particular, thanks to:

@Spiker , @ElyDave , @noblehead , @Brunneria , @Robinredbreast , @robert72 , @Heathenlass , @zand , @RuthW and @Mrs Vimes .

I know there are many, many more besides and I apologise profusely for forgetting you in this moment of wine driven delirium!

Thank you all, and my very warmest wishes to you.

Reactions: 9 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Being only two and a bit years into this I am truly humbled.

Thank you

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Halloween! Happy Anniversary!

And thank you for your kind words.
Your own contributions aren't shabby, you know! ;)

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What Brunneria said. Have a extra chunk for me - sounds like a lovely evening. We had cheddar but the Cathedral City kind. Thank you for including me on your list!
Time flies when you're having fun eh.
I have a 'diabetic me' too! Enjoy the wine - cheers!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gee thanks for the tag! That gave me a real lift, it was just what I needed. You've helped me along the way too. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Today, Saturday, 31st October 2015, is exactly 39 (thirty-nine) years since my diagnosis with "Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus".

Back then, I had been to the sixth birthday party of a classmate (I can still remember her name!) after being quite ill (on and off) for several months, eating all manner of 1970's birthday party foods!

Today, I took my eldest (4) to her school friends 5th birthday party watching them eat all manner of 21st century birthday party foods! (I ate two slices of cucumber that she didn't want.)

I'm commemorating the past, the present and toasting the future with a couple of excellent glasses of "La Piuma" red wine and chunks of Vintage Cheddar - yum yum - for they are both indeed scrumdidlyicious!!!

I've had my fair share of good times, bad times, times I tried to hide from it, times I just got on with it and times I went completely berserk with it; parts of me have being paying the price, and my wife and daughters have suffered interminable **** from 'diabetic-me' on my worst days, but I'm starting over and much of that is thanks to the info, advice, experiences and listening ears of many of you.

There are too many of you to list entirely, but in particular, thanks to:

@Spiker , @ElyDave , @noblehead , @Brunneria , @Robinredbreast , @robert72 , @Heathenlass , @zand , @RuthW and @Mrs Vimes .

I know there are many, many more besides and I apologise profusely for forgetting you in this moment of wine driven delirium!

Thank you all, and my very warmest wishes to you.

A wonderful post to read Conrad :) Let the bad times stay in the past and look forward to many more positive and long years. That brought a :) to my face, take care RRB.