HBA1C

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed as being diabetic in September 15 and my HBA1C was 43. I'm pleased to say after seeing a doctor this morning its now 38 :)

Also my weight from Christmas has dropped 5 kilos (11 pounds) :):)

I will be going back to speak to my own GP as I need to discuss with him what it now means that the HBA1C has dropped down (I saw a post on here that 38 was normal range so not diabetic. Just not sure what this means for the eye checks, foot checks etc)

To say I'm pleased is an understatement

Reactions: 5 people

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @wolfie11969
I think you should continue to have eye and foot checks but do ask your doctor.

Hiya

I have made an appointment for 1st July to have a chat about what it means. I'm hoping I can still keep up with the eye checks (due to another eye problem) but I'm also aware our health authority may not be able to fund it

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Instinctively no-one wants to be a pill popping patient especially blokes from what my DN tells me. There are other medical procedures I would shun but you don't want to hear the details here.

We get this stuff for free at the point of treatment and I expect we would get pretty annoyed if we didn't. Emotionally I hate the whole business but logically I accept that someone is keeping a check on my health. I aspire to be free of the medical profession but I think I will keep on meeting the appointments.