Hba1c!!

Kerry-Michelle

So I was officially diagnosed 2 years and 7 months ago and my hba1c was all over the place after diagnosis it was 7% 6 months later it was 9% a year later 10% another year and later 10.9% I was struggling to get everything down BS (in double numbers), hba1c and weight, didn't have any support from nurses except when they wanted to get my blood and tell me off.. So I begged to go on a DAFNE course they refused so I then went above my nurses and to my DSN and begged her she said no and that I don't qualify for it even though my sugars were through the roof and hba1c was high too.. I kept going on at them and in the end I won the battle and got placed on a DAFNE course.. I completed my DAFNE course in July three months later, 1 stone lighter, blood sugars in single numbers, and the best thing of all my recent hba1c is (drum roll please) 6.3%!!! In three months!!!!! SIX.THREE%!!! I was so pleased I still am I can't believe the hard work has paid off!! This is my lowest hba1c ever!!!

Now I know some have done DAFNE and some say that it hasn't helped them but I found it amazing I was taught how to do everything properly even inject my previous nurses we're telling me wrong.. I now have my DAFNE nurses as my new nurses because they were concerned for my health ect so I have a great support now which is amazing and I feel I've got full control of my diabetes now!

I'm not trying to brag or anything but it worked for me it might work for others and I really would recommend this course to others especially if your struggling or even if you just want to know other ways to control your diabetes!!

Anyway have a wonderful weekend and Halloween!!

Kerry :)

Reactions: 17 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
That's fantastic news Kerry, well done on that great result.

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Good on you Kerry and congat's on your HbA1c result. I can't believe you were refused DAFNE by your previous nurses and DSN!!! - they must be morons - certainly not fit to fill the jobs they are in :mad:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is great news Kerry, well done you :)