hello everyone

thewanderer

hello everyone

Well the time has come to face up to this once and for all! I've had type 2 diet controled for around 4 years, just after Christmas on impulse I went into my doctors and asked the nurse for a blood test as I hadn't had one for a while and I just felt things were not right
I had been feeling tired, I was craving sweet things, had overdone things during the festive season and a couple of blood tests were at around 15. I also weigh around 14 stone.
Sure enough I've got to see the doctor next week and it looks like medication from then onwards.
I've got myself into a positive state of mind and am planning a) better diet, b) more exercise c) more "me" time less work. d) lose weight.

Having said that I'm bracing myself for the extra discipline taking tablets will require. It's not the taking of them that concerns me it's the new discipline of monitoring and assessing myself as I go along. Is this something that people get the hang of quickly? Also has anyone any tips on the best testers and do many people use a computer to record their condition from day to day?

Any help from all you experienced people would be gratefully received.

Thanks and I'm forward to taking part in the forum.

Andrew

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and a warm welcome to the forum,
what kind of things do u eat daily?
even if u have to take meds some on ere(type 2) have been able to come off them through hard work with diet and exercise,
do u test yourself?
hope we can help you :D