Hello, I’m New!

WilBlu21

Hi, I’m a 41 year old woman. I’ve got a BMI of 27.6, so am overweight. I’ve been feeling more thirsty, passing urine more often, lethargic and rubbish for a few months. My diet has way too much sugar & carbs.
I bought a glucometer, and my morning fasting bloods were 7. I changed my diet - no sugar/low carb and over a week the morning results have been a bit better. last night I ate a big piece of cake, and felt awful. Tested an hour later and my sugars were 12.2mmol.
Ive spoken to the GP and have a blood test form so that they can check the last month.
I think it’s most likely that I am going to have type 2 diabetes. Has anyone else had these levels and been diagnosed with Type 2?
Thanks.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
In the millions I'd suggest ... absolutely classic symptoms. But wait for the HBa1C

Reactions: Lainie71

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’m a 41 year old woman. I’ve got a BMI of 27.6, so am overweight. I’ve been feeling more thirsty, passing urine more often, lethargic and rubbish for a few months. My diet has way too much sugar & carbs.
I bought a glucometer, and my morning fasting bloods were 7. I changed my diet - no sugar/low carb and over a week the morning results have been a bit better. last night I ate a big piece of cake, and felt awful. Tested an hour later and my sugars were 12.2mmol.
Ive spoken to the GP and have a blood test form so that they can check the last month.
I think it’s most likely that I am going to have type 2 diabetes. Has anyone else had these levels and been diagnosed with Type 2?
Thanks.
It’s possible there is some type of diabetes here but that’s what you need to get your hba1c for the diagnosis. Lowering carbs and addressing that can help your blood levels as well as potentially supporting weight loss so something you can look at

welcome and let us know your results and any support you are looking for

Reactions: jjraak

WilBlu21

Thank you both for replying. The GP has written up a blood form. I’ve started low carb/no sugar over the last week. And have seen a 3 lbs weight loss already.