Hello

mellies

On wednesday i had an emergency fasting blood test as i have not been feeling well of late.

I rang this morning to see if they had the results in yet as im feeling worse, only to be told could i ring back after 2pm as the secretary was not in this morning.

If im diagnosed today surely they will not leave me all weekend. Im very scared but just want an answer. I have had high blood pressure for almost 12 years and diagnosed over a year ago with kidney failure. My mother had diabetes i dont know what type as i was not close to her and only found out when she passed away 3 years ago.

dragongirl

What a difficult situation for you. But the secretary will surely be in this afternoon as promised and you can ring then. If she's not there, that gives you a good chance to tell them how ill you feel and ask what you should do.

By the way, stressing out about it may raise your blood sugar (if indeed that is the problem!) so do try to do something you like doing while you wait. Music, a book, housework... er probably not the latter! Let us know what happens, but fingers crossed it is not diabetes this time round. Good luck!
DG

mellies

Well aparently my blood test was normal.

I really dont understand, i have a terrible thirst, weeing every 20 mins, nausea and a terrible headache.

Does anyone have any advice for me please i dont know what to do.

dragongirl

That's confusing! Could you ring back and tell them the symptoms and ask to see someone this afternoon? We can't diagnose on here - obviously, since we don't know you or what else is in your health "history"! You could also ring NHS Direct and talk to someone?
DG

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
mellies said:
I have to wait until tuesday now to see my gp

Hello mellies and welcome to the forum. :)

Try not to worry about having to wait to see the gp. I expect that you will have to wait again if they decide to do any more tests. The wheels grind exceedingly slowly - always!! :roll:

mellies

Thanks for the welcome

My next door neighbour has offered to do a finger prick test in the morning to see what that says.

I think i will let him do it, just so when i go on tuesday i can tell her what it said

mellies

Well i am even more confused this morning.
Went to my neighbours who is a type 2 and he did a finger prick test on me and i was 3.9.

So i suppose i will have to wait until i go to see the gp and see what she says.