Help advice needed

Angeleyes24

Hey everyone its a while since i,ve been on here. Just wanted some advice on how to deal with a stubborn BF with T1. He is still after many months ( well 6 ) not coping with being diabetic and is now having tests for thyroid probs, anytime that i even mention diabetes he spits the dummy and all the toys out of his pram.
He has admitted that he cannot cope with being diabetic but im totally lost on how to deal with the continous mood swings :? .
We sadly lost our second baby in august after ivf trt and he has got worse since then , i havent even dealt with this as i have been looking after him.
Any offers of advice on how to deal with him and the mood swings would be good as i cant even mention his levels for fear of a temper tantrum.
x jen

ClaireG 06

Both of you have been through a really tough time :( Had your BF had the chance to talk about his feelings etc with anyone else? Has he seen a doctor? He could be suffering from depression.

jopar

Poor chap he must pretty much feel like his whole world is falling apart and he has no control...

Not only is he grieving for his lost future (coming to terms with diabetes you go through the same emotion as you do with a lose, the same 5 stage process) and now you both grieving for your lost child... And this will impact not only the control side of his diabetes but also make it all difficult to come to terms with his diabetes..

At the moment if talking about his diabetes sets him off, then avoid it for them moment let him have some space... It may be that he just needs time to get his head around all that he needs to.. Sometimes a good intention and wanting to help can be percieved as nagging...

What you can do, is give either his GP/Surgery nurse or diabetic clinic a bell, they won't be able to directly disguss his diabetes with you as this is confidential, but you can explain what happened, what happening so they are aware for his next clinic visit and hopefully then they can get him to open up a bit and perhaps get him some counselling etc...

It's hard to take a step back when you care for somebody, but sometimes taking this step back enables that person to open up more then you are able to help them more

Angeleyes24

Thank you both soo much for your replies and the advice is very helpfull . I can sse what i,m doing wrong and yes i do need to take a step back. I will try and ring his diabetes nurse and speak to her as hses very good.
Thanks again :D