Help - HbA1c still high

wanderslore

Hello everyone not posted for a while, been on insulin now for 3 months , currently 22 units of Lantus plus 500 metformin x2 60mg Laaglylda, am a liberal low carber 70-100grms a day. Sweet stuff a treat once a week Last Habc1 was 76, this week latest 77 ! Am feeling really down, don't know what else I can do

Got appt with DN nest week, really don't want to go on a basal/bolus regime Any help appreciated

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone not posted for a while, been on insulin now for 3 months , currently 22 units of Lantus plus 500 metformin x2 60mg Laaglylda, am a liberal low carber 70-100grms a day. Sweet stuff a treat once a week Last Habc1 was 76, this week latest 77 ! Am feeling really down, don't know what else I can do

Got appt with DN nest week, really don't want to go on a basal/bolus regime Any help appreciated
Are you currently ever going hypo? Do you sometimes measure your bg, so you have an idea what swings like min and max values it may go through with your current therapy? If you are always very high up without really near any hypo, then maybe some option remain to increase your basal rate and thereby bring the average Habc1 further down. Alternatively spread it across two daily injections instead of just one. Answers to those questions might help guide you and your DN next week, as you should consult with them before changing regime.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi wanderslore,

What do you mean exactly by 'liberal low carber'? What does a typical daily diet consist of?

wanderslore

Hi wanderslore,

What do you mean exactly by 'liberal low carber'? What does a typical daily diet consist of?
Thanks for replying. My typical day would be -
Breakfast
2 slices low carb bread + low sugar marmalade
Lunch
Chicken salad + half brown roll
Dinner
Salmon peas + 2 small new potatoes

Snacks - berries and nuts

Water, coke zero and coffee (lots!)

My DN this morning was talking about doing A Fructose test ???