Type 1 Help me with some settings on my Accu-Check Aviva Expert.

Ellla's Nanny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I'm looking for some help with my 'Accu-Check Aviva Expert'. I am a type 1 diabetic, carb count and I take Novo rapid and Lantus. The settings that I need help with are:
Advice options:
Meal rise
Snack size
Acting time
Offset time

Health Events:
Exercise 1
Exercise 2
Stress (???? Will this be for when I'm depressed???)
Illness
Premenstrual

I understand that everybody will need to fine tune their own settings, but I would just like some advice on the genrell settings to get the most out of my meter, many thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As you've already said yourself the settings are individualised so it's hard to give advice on the settings.

Why don't you book an appointment with your DSN and they will talk you through it after which the instruction manual will be self-explanatory , when I was given the Expert meter my DSN insisted that I had to have a tutorial with her before being let loose with the meter.

Ellla's Nanny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still don't see a proper DSN as I'm still under my diabetic nurse and she bought a rep in to give me the meter. However in June I have a hospital appointment, so I can ask them. Since I have had the meter my BG's have been much more under control. I just think everyone who finds it hard to control their BG's should have the meter. With the carb app that I think that you have advised me to get? Many thanks anyway for replying.

Reactions: 2 people