Help with the forum

Deekh1965

Hi All

My name is Derek, 46 and a type 1 diabetic for almost 17yrs.

Need some help with the forum because I sat and wrote a post
which took me almost 2 hours to write as I was thinking what to write as I went along.
Clicked on the post buton and I was told I needed to logon, logged on and all my writing was lost!!

Do you get logged off automaticaly and if so is there anyway to stop this?

I shall maybe write my original post later, when I have calmed down lol.

Best regards

Derek

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Derek,
It's a common problem on forums! For long posts, it's best to write it in a Notepad (.txt) document, save that, then copy and paste into a forum post.

Some forums do log you out after periods of inactivity.

Welcome, though!

jopar

You need to tick the log in me automatically box on the log on page, as you log on this will then log you in automatically every time you visit the forum.. This resolves the long post issue of being kicked off while you right it...

sorry forgot to say welcome to the forum

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
You also have the possibility of saving what you have written, reloading the draft and carrying on until you've finished. That's what I do - PMs too. :)

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had similar happen to me (not at this forum, but at others), it's so annoying. I've had it happen where I've typed a long post, pressed submit and then the connection gets stuck or page won't load or whatever the reason but I lose the post. Now if I've typed something quite long I'll select all the text before and copy it (Ctrl + C) before submitting. If I get timed out at least the text is copied to the clipboard and it can be pasted again (Ctrl + V) into a new message.

Deekh1965

Hi
Thanks for all your replies. I have now setup to automacally logon and I should have created it in notepad.

I will now go and create another post withy some problems in relation to insulin, dafne and other stuff.

Thanks again and best regards

Derek