help

sallywally

hi i wrote about suspecting my son having diabetes,we went to hosp and his bloods came back ok but he had sugar in his urine and is very sore downstairs he has had the odd high level blood.does any1 have any idea what may be going on,theres no infection so what else cud it be? i will have to take him back to gp,his school putting alot of pressure on wanting to know if he has diabetes and the truth is i cant say either way for definate.was any1 else showing similar signs in the early stages? thanyou every1 who repiled to my last post x

Snodger

I'm not a doctor but I remember when I was diagnosed that they wanted to make sure I didn't have a condition called renal glycosuria. Have your docs looked at that possibility?
You can read more about it here: http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Glycosuria.htm. It is in quite medical language but there is some useful info there.

It is the other main cause of sugar in the urine. People who have it do not necessarily have high blood sugar, but symptoms like being sore/itchy 'downstairs' will be the same.
It is usually to do with a problem with the kidneys rather than the pancreas.