Hi all does anyone suffer with sever diabetic neuropathy

Brettskee

Hi I’m 51 body feels like I’m 101 I was just wondering if anybody suffers with this periphial neuropathy as I do feel like the consultants in diabetis don’t actually treat you with this as recently asked the question again to a new consultant he says go back to your doctors with this I’m actually sick and tired of going round in circles for the past 4 years docs saying diabetic consultants should be dealing with it but they are not I’m on 140 units Tresiba as blood sugars don’t really go below 20 60/ 100 units humalog 2 mg metformin and 300 units of pregablin and still I struggle to walk sleep eat drink and still in severe pain even with 150 units tapentadol and roughly 30ml of oramorph along with dapaglaflozin statins and blood pressure tabs and various others I’m not over weight tried all sorts of diets and amounts of insulin up to 1000 units a day 9 injections that was now feel like I’m back were I was 4/5 year ago with this new consultant started all ready had an appointment all he said was up tytrate anothe 10 units am I crazy thinking if your severe insulin resistant why would this help thoughts and any help or guidance would be appreciated sorry for the extra long rant just don’t no what to do or were I go from here

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning and goodness me
Such resistance must be awful and i cannot even begin to offer any advice.
I have 50 years of experience and never come across such massive doses of medication.

For me personally i spent hours and hours analysing the data on my freestyle libre when i first got it around 5 years ago.

I came to the conclusion that when high with insulin on board a 30 minute walk brought my levels down quicker than either doing nothing or taking extra insulin.

Just give it a try (i'm assuming you have a libre) and i know its only a tiny step but at least you might find something that improves your mood ?

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Tony

Reactions: Brettskee

Brettskee

Thx tony I struggle to walk 50 yards now with the pain in my feet this is the problem even when I do manage a little walk bloods shoot up at least another 10 mmol and then only drop back about 3/4 and then stay there for days had to put my libre alarm sensor to 23 as constantly going off thx again for your concern

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
@Brettskee i just wish i could contribute something that might give you some optimism.
Keep on at the medical professionals and don't take no for an answer.....

all the best
Tony

Reactions: Brettskee