• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Hi I am new

Hi, Your sugars will rise differently for each meal unless you are having exackly the same food and portion sizes of each particular food. Dinner can raise you sugars more because portion sizes are usually larger and therefore if you are having carbs then your BG will rise.

You say you have cut out the usual carbs, but what would you eat in a typical day?

Neil
 
I used to eat rice or noodles at every meal, and cornflakes like Coco Pops during breakfast.

Now, I only eat oats or just drink fresh milk in the morning. For lunch, I usually just eat a salad and a soup, or salad and Tofu and fish/chicken. It's only during dinner that I eat some rice/noodles.
 

Hi You still need to test each meal you will be surprised. Just before eating then 1hr after then 2hr after , if the number has not increased by more then 2mmol/L then you are OK

You may find the Oats spike you very much they do with many on here, but some get away with it made with water. Is that Oat with Milk is not so good
12grams carbs 1 cup of milk 66carbs 100 grams of oats For breakfast you are having approx. 78 grams of carbs where lots on here have less than 50grams a day

The milk is full of lactose (sugar) there are not many of us have much milk, you would be better off with Cream.

If you look on the packet regarding the Rice / Noodles you will see how many carbs there are but from google it says per 100g in weight = 28g of carbs
lots of us cannot take 28grams of carbs in one hit without getting a large spike in the blood sugars.

All I can say is you need to test, test, test, and check all the pkt for the 'carb's' content, not 'the of which are sugars'

Trust this helps
Neil
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn More.…