Hi :o)

thebear

Afternoon all,

I am being slightly premature here, but i have been having some issues with health that have led me to get tested for diabetes, i have had 2 fasting blood tests and they have come back at 13.2 and 9.4 respectfully.

I have had one more today, but my doctor is pretty confident that i have type 2 and that the one i have had today will confirm that. My dad had type 2 that deteriorated to type 1 after having a major heart attack.

So i guess i am here to say hello and get to know all of you. As i see it, having diabetes sucks, but ultimately with the right diet and the right attitude, you can live a relatively normal life.

I will miss that cake tho.... 8)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi bear
We all miss the cake but if you look in the recipes section you will find yummy ideas from very ingenious DBs.One of my favourite puds is strawberies dpped in 90% dark choc(melted )with cream :D .
Hope things go well with you
CAROL

C

catherinecherub

Hi bear and welcome to the forum.
Have a good look around and ask as many questions as you like.
Not quite sure what you mean about your dad progressing from Type 2 to Type 1. Do you mean that he had to take insulin? Some Type 2's have to do this. Hope dad is feeling better.

Catherine.

thebear

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome, always appreciated!

Catherine, as far as i was aware my dad was on pills up to the point he had a heart attack, from then on he was insulin dependent, which i assumed made him a type 1, but i could be wrong. I am very inexperienced in this. Sadly he passed away 5 years ago, but it's all good, i don't want to come across as the "woe is me" person.

Carty - Strawberries dipped in 90% dark chocolate sounds awesome. I will have a gander and see what i can do!

C

catherinecherub

Oops bear. :(
Glad that you are able to cope. Look forward to your posts.