How easy is it to get a pump on the NHS?

guineapig1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 27 years old and have had type diabetes for a year and a half. I have been needle phobic my whole life but its something I just have to put up with or die like most of us on here lol. When I first asked about a pump I had just been diagnosed and that said you have to of had diabetes for a year to qualify for it and that you need to prove you have good sugar control. In the last year and a half I have had 3 good hb1c tests of around 42 which I believe was an average blood sugar of 6. But to achieve this result, I have had to inject a ridiculous amount of times a day and I must admit I am pretty obsessed with it and devote alot of time and energy to it. Recently I have started a new job which I love where I am working 8-6 and cannot always Inject due to the nature of the job and this can safeguarding. Do you think
I might be eligible based on this? I have my first in person diabetes appointment with the diabetes team I've ever had soon apart from when I was diagnosed. I'm going to talk about this then. Do you think I stand a chance or are my levels too good? I don't want to get my hopes up if its unlikely. :)

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I can't answer your question. As I've only been type 1 since last November. There is a pump eligibility link on the forum. However this has stopped working. I wish you luck and will stay tuned. Hopefully someone can answer your question and fix the link problem

Reactions: guineapig1

guineapig1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't answer your question. As I've only been type 1 since last November. There is a pump eligibility link on the forum. However this has stopped working. I wish you luck and will stay tuned. Hopefully someone can answer your question and fix the link problem
Thank you for your response! Hope your managing well with your recent diagnosis. Would you be interested in a pump too?:)

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Thank you for your response! Hope your managing well with your recent diagnosis. Would you be interested in a pump too?:)
Hi! I had a A1C done in January of 6.9
Just had my latest in August 5.7
This is on MDI.
I love tech. But if honest at this moment. Still in honeymoon phase. All I really would like is Libre3. Scanning 30+ times a day is tiring