Humalog Mix 25 Need Some Advice

JimmyEwart37

I have been a type 1 diabetic for over 16 years now. My diabetic nurse changed my insulin from Humalin M3 to Humalog mix 25 (twice per day 30 units). I do not know if I should be worried about my blood sugar levels are not. Before bed my blood sugar level was between 8.8 and 9.2, when I woke at checked my blood sugar in the morning it is between 9.2 and 9.5 (is this too high am I at serious risk). I have been diagnosed with diabetic retionpathy and now need laser surgery. My hba1c was 4.8 when i did my test 3 weeks ago. My diabetic nurse advised that I moved to Humalog mix 25 because it would help me to control my daytime hypos better.

On Saturday I did test before bed and my blood sugar was 5.2 when I woke it was 8.8. I did have half of pancake so maybe that is the reason. does anyone have any advice on their experience with Humalig mix 25.

iHs

• What worked for me using twice daily insulin was to adjust the carb that I ate at meal times so that bg would stay within range over 4-5hrs and eating 'steady amounts of carb every 2-3hrs enabled the insulin to balance me out with bg testing to help me find the correct amount of food.
I used Humalog Mix 25/75 from the early 80's right the way up until early 2000. And I also used Humalog as a bolus to cover large meals in restaurants.

Before you alter your eve injection of Mix, try adjusting the carb snack first and then monitor the effect by bg testing about 2am, then 5am to see what happens.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I have been a type 1 diabetic for over 16 years now. My diabetic nurse changed my insulin from Humalin M3 to Humalog mix 25 (twice per day 30 units). I do not know if I should be worried about my blood sugar levels are not. Before bed my blood sugar level was between 8.8 and 9.2, when I woke at checked my blood sugar in the morning it is between 9.2 and 9.5 (is this too high am I at serious risk). I have been diagnosed with diabetic retionpathy and now need laser surgery. My hba1c was 4.8 when i did my test 3 weeks ago. My diabetic nurse advised that I moved to Humalog mix 25 because it would help me to control my daytime hypos better.

On Saturday I did test before bed and my blood sugar was 5.2 when I woke it was 8.8. I did have half of pancake so maybe that is the reason. does anyone have any advice on their experience with Humalig mix 25.
A lot of people aim to keep their BGs under 7.8 at all times. If you haven't achieved this after say 1-2 weeks, I would go back to the nurse and ask for advice.