Humapen Luxura

Mervyn

Hi,
I am Type 2 but may get a quicker response here. I am using Humalin m3 with a kwik pen at the moment and, I am thinking of moving over to a cartridge system, mainly as the insulin would take up less room in the fridge. I would ask my DNS, but she is on annual leave at the moment, so I would like the knowledge, so that if I decide. I can move over as soon as she is back.

The thing is, I am on 42 units before breakfast at the moment and 39 units before evening meal and the dosage may go up in the future.

Now my question;- Does the unit dose on the Luxura go above 42units? I cannot seem to find much info about this. If it only goes up to 42 units I will stay on the kwik pen as I do not see the need for multiple injections for one dosage.

Hope that you can help.

Thanks
Mervyn

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Hi Mervyn,

I used one of these a couple of years ago - they go up to 60 units. You should also be able to find specific confirmation of that on the web.

Best

Dillinger

Mervyn

Thanks Dillinger,
I did look on the web but all I can find is 42units :? I did go on Lilley's uk page but unless you have some sort of password you cannot log in to look.
At least I can get away with one jab per dose.

Thanks Again

Mervyn

Mervyn

Thanks for that...pushes me in the direction of going for the Humapen now, as the wife is moaning (gentle nudging really) that my kwik pens are taking too much space in the fridge!! :)