Hypo symptoms

nannoo

Hi all. I have finally managed to get my BG levels down to between 5 and 10 nearly all the time. However, because they are now in this range, occasionally I go too low and have a hypo. I get hypos around once a week. Recently the symptoms have changed - I used to experience the same pattern, so I knew what to expect, but now they are different. Is that usual?

Also, after a hypo when I have got my BG levels back to normal, I feel completely wiped out for a few hours. Is that usual too?

Thanks for your experiences.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

I've found my hypo symptoms are very erratic, sometimes i get real shaky and feel dizzy, sometimes i can't concentrate to the point where i can't even tell the time!!

sometimes i feel a hypo at 3.9 and sometimes i dont feel it until in in the low 2's!!

Sometimes after a hypo, usually when i'm at work i sit at my desk and wait for my BG's to return to normal, then if i feel fine to work i carry on working but check they have stabilized and i won't drop back into a hypo.

usually the same when i'm out and about if i go hypo i treat it, sit down for a while and usually 5 mins later im good to go.

The only times i feel particularly wiped out as you put it, is when i have a hypo at night, They dont happen often but because i find my sugar has to be very low to wake me up i feel terrible!! it takes me a while to calm down, stop shaking and return to normal, i wait a while before going back to bed to make sure it wont happen again then i can literally sleep the whole day away i usally wake up with a terrible headache the next morning too.

I wouldnt worry about what is usual or normal, everyone has different symptoms, i would only worry if you start to lose any of your hypo awareness as that can be dangerous if left to the point where you will only know you've had a hypo when you wake up staring at a ceiling!!

Angeldust

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
WINTER. COLD. RAIN. WIND.
If I have one below 2 it leaves me out of whack and sick for a day. I get so dizzy and shaky to the point of passing out, guzzle as much coke as I can because the shaking doesn't stop and end up hyper for the rest of the day. Luckily I usually catch them between 2 and 3 and will feel better in half an hour or so.