Hypoglycaemia update

rosie04

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
So nice when someone actually bothers to find you some answers! I hope things'll improve steadily from here on in. You've done great and have stood up for yourself where many people'd just let it go an suffered in silence. So proud of you!
Jo

Thank you so much, really means a lot!! I am so glad and grateful

• Friendly
Reactions: Lamont D

rosie04

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Really encouraging update @rosie04
May I ask how you got the endocrinologist to do the tests for bacterial infections?
I’ve got a fasting test with NHS in January, but after that I may try private.
Great BS levels.
I also have great BS the last few days, because I have Covid! Was 6 all night because I have a fever!
All the best for your treatment and well done on getting answers so quickly.

Hi there, unfortunately I was struggling to get any help from the NHS and had to go private. My endocrinology appointment is not until July. I had been experiencing quite extreme gut pain following what we think was either food poisoning or Norovirus and decided to opt for a functional doctor to check for infections in my gut. These particular infections can manifest in other symptoms like fatigue, headaches ect not just the pain I was experiencing. The NHS unfortunately will not test for them. Best of luck and hope you’re recovering all good from covid, my dad had it recently- it’s so nasty!

• Friendly
Reactions: Lamont D