I am all confused at the moment.

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
I have never got a straight answer to the question from my Diabetes nurse.

Should I be monitoring my suger levels or not.

I am still cooking from scatch meals, but I am getting bored with cooking the same meals through week.
I spoke to the sociel care nures last week and explained the situation that I am in, I live on my own and don't have room for a freezer to store the excess food that I have ccoked, which uselly gose to waste (recycling food waste).

I have mentioned in other threads, that most cook books are ok but all the recipe books are aimed to people who have familys. I have done numrous searches on line for recipe for the single people, and I don't seam to be found, unles they are on the dark web.

Terry.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Some DNs accept us testing, and some are opposed.
But I doubt I'd have got into remission or stayed in remission for 5 years without my meter.

I also live alone, I try to buy enough protein for two-three meals and add different spices or herbs to vary the taste. I do buy the single serving or two serving prepped green veg packs.
Eg
Two salmon fillets - cooked in foil with lemon juice and black pepper, day 1 eat with spinach and cauliflower rice plus extra lemon on the rice, day two add either curry powder before reheating or have cold with salad.
Chicken breasts, a pack of two does me three meals. Cook in foil. Day 1 eat a third with green beans and broccoli using juice from the foil pack over the veg, Day 2 reheat 1/2 of what is left with curry powder and stir in spinach, spring onion and have with cauliflower rice, Day 3 add lemon juice or sumac powder (tastes like lemon), black pepper and spring onion then reheat, add broccoli and herbs to cauliflower rice.

I sometimes use freeze-dried berries in yogurt rather than buy fresh and be tempted to have too many to use them up. Just stir in and leave for a couple of hours.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you on insulin?
if not I can move this thread to another T2 group.

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
Are you on insulin?
if not I can move this thread to another T2 group.
NO. Just one tablet I take with the main meal in the evening.

Terry

Last edited: