I am worrying over nothing ?

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Just a bit of advice please . On diagnosis 18 months ago , type 2 , nurse wanted me to take Metformin straight away but I asked for a lttle time to work on my regime, she agreed and since then , I have gained very tight control of BG through reducing carbs, usually take about 30-50 gr per day and BG readings have been consistantly good, usually 4-5 fasting and under 6 two hours after food . Nothing has changed food wise but I have noticed an upward change in BG , fasting often being 6.5-7 and two hours after food being up to 8ish . I am due to see the nurse in about 3 weeks time but wonder if I ought to see her before , or is this nothing to be concerned about ? I dont take any meds for the diabetes, which makes it harder to even attempt to get the figures lower , thanks for any advice , Kate x

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unless your levels increase greatly over the next 3 weeks, and you want to see your nurse earlier, then the planned appointment should be soon enough. However, I would prepare yourself for the idea that you might have to start on tablets, most likely metformin, while continuing to eat sensibly and exercise daily.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Thanks for your reply , I will watch closely and just keep my appointment unless it get higher . I do exercise an awful lot , walk 3 miles every afternoon with my dogs and then another half hour every evening , so with the food regime , I cant do anymore , thank you