I'm sorry but why are people taking pictures of urine dips? Then they show the picture to a nurse, is this an A+E nurse or a nurse who specialises in diabetes? If you're concerned enough to do a urine dip because of the symptoms listed then you should be more positive in your actions and either book an appointment with your GP ASAP or go to A+E.
@wiflib i appreciate your post and your concerns. Suppose the HCP's response had been OMG get to A+E asap, imagine the unnecessary panic that could have created. Saying it's ok and book to see a GP is a bit of a contradiction I feel, and the HCP didn't want to dismiss the patient or cause panic.
My wife is a nurse hence my views on subjects that apportion blame in there direction.
So get him to A+ E then . For Christ sake someone do something instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Wasting time posting is a more **** excuse!I’m a recently retired Midwife and I was surrounded by **** HCP’s all my working life, I even made a few mistakes myself. That boy could be dead by morning and not wanting to cause panic is a **** excuse.
So get him to A+ E then . For Christ sake someone do something instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Wasting time posting is a more **** excuse!
One tries to understand (I do not) but this common aversion to needles is ridiculous. Mishit a nail as it goes thru your finger, have an injection when you go to the dentist, take a blood test, use a lancet to check your BG, during childbirth (when necessary) taking one for arthritis, cancer, and anything else
Must be frustration on my part but it is not a big deal. Minimal pain (stupidly low, like stabbing yourself with a nappy pin) or denial through an irrational fear.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?