I really need some help please!

oreochic77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone its me again! i really dont know what to do anymore and i need some advice please..............just been told i am gloucose intolerent. I was also Geo diabetic 5 years ago i have had 2 fasting tests this month firt was high ish 6.3 and 2nd was normal i did a GTT and the result was 7.............hench they have said im glucose intolernt. Is it normal though to feel so unwell but not be unwell enough to be classed as type 2? The past week has been horrific im so tierd all the time all i want to do is sleep im dizzy constantly and have nearly collaped on several occasions just today at work. I wake up and im really shakey cos i have not eaten all night all i have been haing is weetabix no sugar and a little milk for breakfast.............i feel semi ok after that but then feel dizzy again about in hr later and i have this constant headache all day i just cant function through the day only doing the bear min to get through work i ussually have a very labour intensive job but i just dont have the energy to do it at the mo. Do i need to go back to the doc? re tested? or is it my diet should i being having all the symptoms of type 2 this bad if im just intolernt?

any advice welcome

Kerry

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Hi Kerry has your GP sent you for other blood tests? Has your thyroid function been checked? Sometimes a dodgy thyroid can cause real tiredness, I know from experience. I would also consider changing your diet and eating less carbs which may be causing you to have spikes. Do you test?

oreochic77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no he has not sent me for a re test.............but im going to ask for one...............my thyriod has been tested and its fine.........really trying to cut the carbs out of my diet but its only been a week since i was told so all still very new trying to find out whats what thanks for ya help hun x

Kerry x