Idiot needs help!

gaz1971

I had my review today, was given the results of my blood test in the new measurement and Im confused :oops: It says my average is 41 and its measure in mmol, but isnt that the same as my bg meter, and Im supposed to keep it below 9! Im confused and my head hurts! :***:

michael D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
dont give up
on the 5th of October i was told i was 20 odd and had a recall to go to the docs right away and was tested for ketones
had a chat with docs who where going to up meds
on the 6th i started a low carb diet not counting as yet but cutting most out felt bad the first few day but got over it
go a codefree Never tested myself before ) tested today about 2pm bg 6.8 (rying out new toy :p )
retested 2hrs after dinner 6.30pm bg 6.6
so stick with it it can be done with the help of these guys on the forum

:clap: :clap:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
gaz1971 said:
I had my review today, was given the results of my blood test in the new measurement and Im confused :oops: It says my average is 41 and its measure in mmol, but isnt that the same as my bg meter, and Im supposed to keep it below 9! Im confused and my head hurts! :***:

Hiya, 41 in new money is an A1c of 5.9 :)
http://www.diabetesneweragents.co.uk/do ... ter_V3.pdf

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
gaz1971 wrote
was given the results of my blood test in the new measurement and Im confused

You're confusing two different measurements.
HbA1c measures glycated haemoglobin, the amount of glucose that has stuck to your blood cells over the last 3-4 months.
It is measured in mmol/mol.

Your blood sugar level is measured in mmol/L

Your HbA1c is 5.9 in old money, giving an average of 7.4

I hope that's reassuring. You're now in the 5% club. so :clap: :clap: :clap:

Geoff

gaz1971

Ah right, I missed the difference in mmol and mmol/l, the nurse said 41 was good so I wasnt worried but got confused by the 2 converters on the website, put 41 into one and it gave me a mmol/l reading that made me spit my coffee everywhere :lol:

I knew it shouldnt be high, Ive shed 7 stone in 6 months and got my hba1c down from 8.

Thanks all for the replies :clap: