I'm all at 6s and 7s on Byetta

jpg

Not confused but my BMs are in a fairly tight range between about 5.5 and 7.5, with just the occasional excursion downward to the fours and upwards to the eights. This has happened since I went on Byetta 10mcg dose after my last hospital cinic visit. On this occasion I was told to drop the Novorapid but I continued on 10u of Lantus. I have now dropped the Lantus gradually to zero.

Should I be aiming for a point or two lower for my BMs, say 4.5-6.5? I have reduced my carbs to a half of what they used to be so the only way to reduce my BMs further is to go the full Atkins/Bernstein or re-start the Lantus. I have no wish to suffer the gastric consequences of a protein/fat diet unbuffered by some carbohydrate so I may have to restart the Lantus.

I have my next hospital appointment next week so either she is going to give me a polite bo******ng for dropping the Lantus, or she is going to be mightily pleased. I might add that I have lost 16lbs in weight since starting on Byetta, perhaps a reduction in adipose tissue will increase my insulin sensitivity.

jpg

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would say that your bg's are looking pretty good, more-so if those 7 readings are 1 hour post-meal readings and the 5's and 6's thereafter. See what your hospital team say about your control next week! :)

Nigel