Incandescent with my PCT

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I wrote to the PCT ( posted it) about the NICE guidelines.
I've had a reply effectively telling me that they know the guidelines, but have made their policy NOT to give Type 2s any strips. Again they offer me help from the diabetes educators.
Those ladies have now become the recipients of my furious mail. AND have not replied.
I'm not giving up yet, but has anyone any ideas?

sixfoot

Try getting letters printed in your local or if poss National Papers to widen the audience. As long as they think it is just you and them they have the numbers advantage

Dave P

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Hanadr
Name and shame your PCT on this forum and the national press. This needs to be brought to the public's attention. They are well out of order! Have u been in touch with Diabetes UK-if so what do they say? I'd like to know what is the point of NICE guidelines, if PCTs are allowed to make their own decisions based on their finances. This will affect people with other conditions too and as a type-1 I constantly worry about test-strip restrictions.
Jus

chocoholic

Nothing surprises me anymore. My own D.N. said to me last week that I can't expect everything the NICE guidelines promise to actually happen! As you say, what's the point of there being guidelines if they are not adhered to.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Hana,
You could try another letter to that guy you got the reply from last time (the new head of the NHS?), stating that it appears that your local PCT, an unelected body, have taken it upon themselves to dictate what government health policy will be. Now that this is happening could he please explain what possible purpose there can be in voting at elections when the the policies of whoever gets in are over-ridden by people who are not answerable to the electorate.

And yes, please tell us which PCT this is.

ally5555

it is frustrating - nice produce them but the PCT does not have to follow them - I agree it does beg the question what is the point of it!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I come under West Berks PCT. I live within the boundary of Reading, but my Health Centre is outside