Insect Bites

DogPsyche

I'm hoping someone will be able to find the answer to this, but are diabetics more at risk from insect bites? I found a suspected false widow spider in the house (compared it with info / pics on Natural History Museum site) today & I'm wondering how a bite from one of these might affect me.

Reactions: 2 people

TheScribbler

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm hoping someone will be able to find the answer to this, but are diabetics more at risk from insect bites? I found a suspected false widow spider in the house (compared it with info / pics on Natural History Museum site) today & I'm wondering how a bite from one of these might affect me.

Good question, and I don't know whether the insect (or spider) bite itself is worse for diabetics. But I do know that since having diabetes any insect bites seem to get infected very easily and then the infection has run riot, needing a course of antibiotics to clear it up.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not quite on the same lines but if there is any thing around that bites it is always me that gets it I wonder if my blood tastes better because I have more glucose in it as a diabetic?
CAROL

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not quite on the same lines but if there is any thing around that bites it is always me that gets it I wonder if my blood tastes better because I have more glucose in it as a diabetic?
CAROL

I'm the opposite... I never get bitten. Or if I do, I don't get a reaction.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App