Insulin pumps

Mrtom51

I would like a insulin pump but can’t use my left hand is there anyone who uses a pump that can help me. I find it a struggle to hold insulin pens sometimes so was wondering if they be any good

CheeseSeaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People arguing over silly stuff
Hi @Mrtom51 - lots of the pumps themselves can be controlled from a mobile phone app - so you could do that one handed.

The fun bit might be filling with insulin - you still need to get a cartridge or reservoir in the pump (some are pre-filled, making it easier, some need to be filled by you with your favourite insulin). Then you need to get the cannula inserted (again, some are easier than others. I'm on a Dana-i which is fiddly as hell (but a great pump) so probably not for you.

I'd recommend you look at the Omnipod Dash - its a stick on self contained pod that you control from an app (on its own mobile phone) which fires in the cannula. Possibly the easiest solution as long as you can fill a syringe with insulin, poke the needle through a hole on the pod and fill it with insulin.

Worth a look - they will even send you a 'trial' one to try (no cannula in it so it wont work, but gives you an idea if you could fill it (with water say) and stick it on ok.