Insuman recall

Tezmum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dramas, back stabbing, gossips.
Hello,

I went to get my insuman last night only to be told they've recalled them! I was given an Autopen and cartridges but they don't fit the pen. I've got enough for this morning (I put this order through last Monday!) but that's it! I'm going back first thing but I wondered if any one else has had this and what they did??

Thanks x

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on Insuman Comb 25 - but had my prescription filled recently, so am not likely to re-order mine for 2 or 3 weeks. But I'd obviously be interested in hearing more about it. So I can't help really. I spoke to my DN on Monday and we were talking abut the insulin specifically and I'm sure if a product of that nature was recalled, she'd be informed as the pharmacy is in the same building. So maybe it's a different product from mine, or has happened since. Good luck sorting it out this morning. Please keep us posted.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hello,

I went to get my insuman last night only to be told they've recalled them! I was given an Autopen and cartridges but they don't fit the pen. I've got enough for this morning (I put this order through last Monday!) but that's it! I'm going back first thing but I wondered if any one else has had this and what they did??

Ring your gp surgery and mention that your having problems with the Autopen and cartridges, whatever you do don't leave yourself short of insulin so get it sorted today rather than over the weekend.

Tezmum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dramas, back stabbing, gossips.
It turns out the pen has to be adapted for the cartridges buy they hadn't done it!! The chemist has just done it for me. Hope they bring the pens back soon. I'm on 62 and this pen only goes up to 21 so I'm going to have to inject 3 times twice a day!

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
yeah had some trouble getting some,however just had a phone call, should have my order this evening,down to half a pen load ,so fingers crossed all goes well