Is coconut oil the same as coconut cream to cook with?

confusedwife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am quite new on here and checking out some of the delicious sounding recipes. Is coconut cream the same thing as coconut oil in recipes to cook with? If not where can I get coconut oil in the UK, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

WhitbyJet

You can buy coconut oil from ebay or Google for coconoil.
My absolute favorite is the Garden of Life brand I buy it online cut you get that no ebay as well.
Coconut oil is different to coconut cream, you wouldn't be able to fry with the cream. The cream is usually added to sauces or drinks to give you a more creamy consistency.
Coconut oil can be used for cooking and baking some of us eat it straight off the spoon.
Its VERY good for you.

Grazer

No, totally different! Get the oil at holland and Barrett. Goes like wax when you keep it in fridge. Melts to a clear liquid

confusedwife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks both. Have just tried a recipe in which I used coconut cream and when it relly didn't look anything like I suspected it should I assumed it must be different. Will be taking a trip to h&b tomorrow or logging onto amazon where I have just found it.

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
Can get it from larger Tesco's too. Saw Organic Coconut Oil on the oil section. Need some more so going to get some tomorrow when I do my "big shop". Will let you know what it's like

Jane :)

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
Holland and Barrett have their coconut oil half price at the moment

:)