Type 1 Is it diabetes?

dorin

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Hello,

My wife has 25 years old, weight 58 kg, height 1.64 cm. During the first pregnancy she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

Postpartum she kept a low carb diet. (since october 2015)

1. fasting c-peptide result - 1,09 - range of Romanian laboratory 1,10 to 4 ng/ml.

2. Hba1c results:

- October 2015: 5,73 %

- November 2015: 5,20 %

3. fasting blood glucose test (10-12 hours no eating):

- 7 o'clock - results between: 130-140 mg/dl

- 8 o'clock - 115-135 mg/dl

- 9 o'clock - 101-115 mg/dl

4. post lunch (after 2 hours)

Results between 71 mg/dl to 137 mg/dl:

Some results:

a. 121 mg/dl (after eating mushrooms and a slice of rye bread whit avocado and some peanuts)

b. 124 mg/dl (after eating green beans and beef meat)

c. 71 mg/dl (after eating potatoes with vegetables)

d. 137 mg/dl (after eating flour dumplings with cheese and honey)

Next week we will receive also the GAD antibodies laboratory test result.

I want to add that she is not taking any medication for diabetes, only some tea of plants to reduce blood sugar.

We'll apreciate your feedback and yor advice. Thank you!

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi, your wife is doing really well to keep her numbers down really. The highest you've mentioned is 140 that I can see which is 7.7. This is under 8 (144) which is what endocrinologists like your sugar level to be 2 hours after eating. Obviously not having the GAD test result you don't know what type of diabetes it is as yet. But it looks like your wife can do diet control as she gets lower numbers eating protein and green beans and higher after eating flour dumplings with cheese & honey. It is a good idea to try and do the low carb high fat (LCHF) diet if she can as that tends to help most diabetics get good control. Some of us can't do it, but it is definitely worth a try to start with. I hope this helps give you an idea. I wish your wife the best. :)