Is it success or stubbornness??

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had diabetes for 27yrs nearly 28. and at the moment it is pretty difficult to keep it doing as I tell it. last Hb1AC was 50 (which for me is a miracle) and it's taken a vast amount of work to get there. But the point of this post is, despite my Diabetes' best attempts I have become a double British and World Champion in the M3 equipped single ply Bench press. this is the second time I have done it, but this year has been harder as I have also been diagnosed with a piturity/brain tumour and have gained weight, due in part, to medications. so despite this years ups and downs, I would say because of my innate stubbornness (due to having diabetes) I wouldn't take the advice of my Consultant and take up walking instead (apparently I'm in the wrong sport!).

You Control Diabetes, It doesn't Control You.

Attachments

• WPC Worlds Medal ceremony.jpeg
    WPC Worlds Medal ceremony.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 80

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Wow! That’s a double success story - thank you for sharing and for being stubborn enough to make it so!

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
But I bet ya can’t put one of these in ya mouth without chewing

well done bruv, any success I’ve ever had (nothing like yours lol) has been achieved through stubbornness so the answer to your question is YES amazing

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had diabetes for 27yrs nearly 28. and at the moment it is pretty difficult to keep it doing as I tell it. last Hb1AC was 50 (which for me is a miracle) and it's taken a vast amount of work to get there. But the point of this post is, despite my Diabetes' best attempts I have become a double British and World Champion in the M3 equipped single ply Bench press. this is the second time I have done it, but this year has been harder as I have also been diagnosed with a piturity/brain tumour and have gained weight, due in part, to medications. so despite this years ups and downs, I would say because of my innate stubbornness (due to having diabetes) I wouldn't take the advice of my Consultant and take up walking instead (apparently I'm in the wrong sport!).

You Control Diabetes, It doesn't Control You.
Huge well done, @johnpol . That's quite an achievement.