Issues with Freestyle Libre 2

GsyAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Just wondering if anybody has encountered any issues with their Freestyle Libre 2 recently? I change my sensor last night, scanned it to activate, and after the hour, got a Check Sensor message saying to check sensor, if loose from skin replace, and if applied properly rescan.
I rescanned numerous time and ended up replacing the faulty sensor this morning (on the different arm), and got the same message.
I never had any issues placing the sensor before and I am now concerned that I have wasted 2 sensors in 12 hours.
I contacted Abbott to see what they say. I am hesitant in using a 3rd one if I get the same outcome.
Anybody has got the same issue?
Tia

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I have had 2 sensors fail within 2 days with the same message.
Prior to these I have had 8 sensors and no problems at all.
My current one seems ok so far (fingers crossed).

Abbott did replace them without question, merely sent a bag to post back the sensors, so I wonder if there is a faulty batch.

Tansie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes totally disenchanted with FL2 due to its frequent signal loss and inaccurate readings. Have purchased Dexcom G7 to try for 30 days

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes totally disenchanted with FL2 due to its frequent signal loss and inaccurate readings. Have purchased Dexcom G7 to try for 30 days
Unfortunately, as a Type 2, I can’t do that, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Recently, i had to revert to the Libre 2 for the first time since it became a CGM.
I noticed list signal after a couple of days so rebooted my phone and it has been fine ever since
I think we are often too eager to blame Libre (I definitely was) when it is a Bluetooth problem with the phone

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Recently, i had to revert to the Libre 2 for the first time since it became a CGM.
I noticed list signal after a couple of days so rebooted my phone and it has been fine ever since
I think we are often too eager to blame Libre (I definitely was) when it is a Bluetooth problem with the phone
I worked through all the trouble shooting steps several times before I got the dreaded message that the sensors were no longer working and needed replacing. I believe in trying everything until “if all else fails”.
Blue tooth off and on again
Close Libre app and reopen (not delete and reinstall - I didn’t want to lose my data)
Power phone down completely and restart after a 10 minute wait.
Did I miss anything I could have tried?

• Hug
Reactions: In Response

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve been on the Libre system for years , since it became a CGM I have to say the only time I’ve got a signal loss is when I go out of the room and and don’t have my phone ( Iphone btw ) with me and I go back to it and there’s the - - - on my display , to be honest it’s what I would expect , I scan the sensor and it’s back to normal, i know many people have had signal loss issues but luckily I’m not one of them,

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been on the Libre system for years , since it became a CGM I have to say the only time I’ve got a signal loss is when I go out of the room and and don’t have my phone ( Iphone btw ) with me and I go back to it and there’s the - - - on my display , to be honest it’s what I would expect , I scan the sensor and it’s back to normal, i know many people have had signal loss issues but luckily I’m not one of them,

Ditto!

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Clear Bluetooth memory & cache, in systems apps?
Thank you. I will google how to do that. Hopefully this run of problem ones is over and I won’t need to do any of that. The previous ones I had were fine. 10 in total.

EDIT: Well, that was easy! Thanks, Google. Thanks @Jaylee