It seems to be working

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I cut back to 20 carbs per day, last Sunday ( not long I know) and by Tuesday was disappointed to find my weight UP by a kilo. BG consistently in the 4s though. So I didn't give up. Today that "rogue" kilo is gone plus another one. BG up to 4.9 fasting I thickened my savoury mince last night!and. I'm using a few more strips, having got a bargain of 100 for £20.
Maybe I need to keep this low. I was at 30 - 50 and BG always under 6
You may meet a slim Hana Yet :lol:

caitycakes1

Well done Hanna. It seems your persistence is paying off. Here's to the new, slim, fabulously controlled you :D

Caitycakes x

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well done Hana!

I was reading about Alfred Pennington's DuPont diet in the 40's. He found that all his overweight subjects lost weight, averaging over 3000 KCal per day, but with only 80 KCal per meal from carbohydrates.
Apparently he found even this much carb inhibited weight loss in a few cases, but restricting it further had an effect.

Can we expect to see you on the Horizon programme soon - 'Why thin people don't get fat'?

All the best,

fergus

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I worked hard as a young woman( contemporary with the dinosaurs, and when a size 12 Had a24/ 26 inch waist. Not the 30 inches of the modern 12) to get to and keep to just over 10 stone. At 5 feet 8 I was SLIM. I don't think that 10 stone would be realistic at my age. However BGs staying in the 4s is a worthwhile target.