1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Juice plus??

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by fallongerie, Aug 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fallongerie

fallongerie Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Is anyone on the juice plus plan? I'm trying to figure out the nutritional content of one of there shakes made with water instead of milk? Any reviews on the capsules?

2. jonbvn

jonbvn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, I found a little info on the shakes, bars & a soup. If this is the same product? The "of which are sugars" is hot on the heels of the carb per portion content..
    I've bookmarked it. Just don't feel it's appropriate to put up a link to the site.. :banghead:

4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

PM maybe?

5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

I found a nutritional content for one of their Vanilla shakes, prepared as directed with 250ml of skimmed milk
    To find the content without the milk, you could just subtract the milk from these totals:
    Calories: 223
    Fat: 2.6g
    Carbs: 28.2g
    of which sugars: 26.6g
    Fructose is the second largest ingredient
    And it is interesting to see that they add more flavourings than the 'vitamin mix' and the 'fruit powder blend' is near the bottom of the list.

We had several threads on Juice Plus 2-3 years ago, and I remember a lot of dismayed reactions at the high sugar content,

This is the ingredients list of the vanilla shake
    Ingredients: Vegetable protein mix (from soya, soya tofu, rice, chickpeas), fructose, fibre mix (oat bran, cellulose, rice bran, pectin, apple fibre), soya lecithin, thickeners (guar gum, carrageenan), sunflower oil, flavourings, vitamin mix (vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, folic acid, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C), mineral mix (copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, zinc, iodine), rice maltodextrin, anticaking agents: silicon dioxide, calcium silicate; fruit powder blend (apple, orange, pineapple, cranberry, peach, acerola cherry, papaya), inulin, colouring (beta-carotene), vegetable powder blend (carrot, parsley, beet, broccoli, kale, cabbage, spinach, tomato), pineapple powder, papaya powder, pumpkin seed flour, Norwegian kelp. Gluten free

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook