Just a few questions from a newbie

jomarise

Hello all

I just joined and had a look around. My questions are about my husband. His grandfather, father and brother have type 2 diabetes so his mum got him a machine to test his blood.

I have noticed that it shouldnt be above 8.5 but this morning two hours after breakfast it was 3.3 and this afternoon a couple of hours after he ate a full meal and a bag of haribos it was 5.4. So he is fine right?

I should watch for it going past this 8.5 yes?

Many thanks
Jo

jopar

How does he feel when he's that low?

It's possible that if he feels fine that he's just an individual who has lower blood glucose than the adverage person, but he be wise to speak to his GP about this as their is a diabetic condition when the body produces too much insulin, I know two people with this, my friend whose brother is T2, and my daughter friend whose does take tablets, and have to carry a hypo kit around with him... And I know his cousin is a T1 diabetic!

So he's best off talking to his GP about your findings..

jomarise

Thanks for your reply.

He has been really tired today (he literally fell asleep within 2 minutes) which was why we took the readings but its probably just the fact that its a sat and hes been at work all week. I think I may make an appointment to see GP just in case, with most of the men in his family having diabetes its better to be safe.

Many thanks