Just being nosey - where is everyone from

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe, florida each time, did the whole disney thing, my friend has a house out there which we rent, its heaven and the people are amazing, american folks over in the uk seem to be given a bad press, i never met a single person over there that wasn't fantastic, also strange everyone seems to think that the food is burgers and fries in the states where as the french are known for their excellent food, I've found this to be the opposite, in france all we could find was pizzas and in america we ate like royalty

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My (English) husband and I often laugh at the stereotypes for each country. I've been treated really well here and people seem to like me and talk to me wherever I go. I am quite friendly and wacky, without being TOO friendly and wacky. :) Philly, similar to New York is an amazing place with a huge ethnic and cultural variety (both people and food). You could find Italian, Jewish, French, Thai, Carribean and Soul Food all within a block of each other. :) Florida is similar in that a lot of the Northeasterners retire there (and bring their food culture with them!) So you get a great deal of diversity there as well. If you ever plan to venture further north in the USA let me know and I can recommend you a boatload of places to see and things to do!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thanks... its my dream to drive america coast to coast if funds and time ever allow it :)

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
funny how the grass is always greener, ill kill to live in the states, I've been 3 times on holidays and love it love it love it, my wife won't move :( when its time to leave i sit in the middle of the road hoping to get hit by a car so i can stay even if it means being in hospital lol

And I was crying when I got to Heathrow to go back home to the States.:arghh:
LOL/Regarding getting hit by a car, that almost happened a few times to me walking in London because the "Look Right" before crossing never sunk in. Your round-abouts are a riot too!

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
I looked the wrong way while crossing a 3 lane road in the US, stepped out pushing a pushchair and holding a toddlers hand. Know what? 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic came to a screeching halt! I **** well looked in the right direction then I can tell you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
Im a newbie from Cumbria! It's nice to see where everyone is from x

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
I looked the wrong way while crossing a 3 lane road in the US, stepped out pushing a pushchair and holding a toddlers hand. Know what? 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic came to a screeching halt! I **** well looked in the right direction then I can tell you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

By the RIGHT direction I hope you mean left, in the States, LOL.
Drivers here in the Midwest USA are much more polite than they are on the East Coast, but, I see that they are getting to be just as impatient and rude as the East Coast.
Glad that the traffic stopped for you and your little one.;)