Just off holiday

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just got back off holiday an while I was there my blood sugar levels were low all holiday apart from 1 day which was 9.5 I had absolutely everything food wise chocolate ice cream the lot I missed loads of injections aswell. Now I'm back in the UK I've had some chocolate which I know im not ment to have. and my bloods r 10.9 can't get my head round it feel like I'm back to square one again pain in the **** diabetes is

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi there @djry
if your holiday was to a hot country a lot of people have more insulin sensitivity and reduce their insulin needs ( sometimes significantly ) and then when returning to our wonderful colder climate bloods can increase on the same doses
( hope that makes sense)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I've just got back off holiday an while I was there my blood sugar levels were low all holiday apart from 1 day which was 9.5 I had absolutely everything food wise chocolate ice cream the lot I missed loads of injections aswell. Now I'm back in the UK I've had some chocolate which I know im not ment to have. and my bloods r 10.9 can't get my head round it feel like I'm back to square one again pain in the **** diabetes is

No, not back to square one - you're human, stop kicking yourself! You know you can't eat ice cream etc but there's plenty you can eat. Give yourself time, test regularly and gradually adjust your diet. All will be fine, I had plenty of "stuff" on holiday but guilt is the hardest thing to deal with - and it doesn't help!
Take it slowly and you will see the difference, but make sure you take your meds x