Ketones .4 Levels were 16.1 BS and rising am steroid induced diabetic on insulin and take steroids every day..

Colliewobbles

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a shock that my levels were 16.1 before bed, only eaten sandwhich and drink, but ketones are ..4 ... now this is complicated as i am T2 Diabetic steroid induced... sadly last year was a nightmare and in intensive care 4 times with allergic reactions, year before i went into a coma with t2 and stopped breathing, they found out why i am crashing a lot because my adrenal glands have gone on strike and now i have to take steroids every day for rest of my life which buggers up my sugars.. but i feel so bloated i am eating only every couple of days i just cant stand the thought of food... my h1 is 49 up from 45 but thats ok thats the steroids.

i do not have hypo awareness and have taken on my health authority and have proved this to my endocrologist who said take your sugars while you are chatting to me and was at 2.6 and felt fine... i am going on libre 2 next month as now been approved for it to keep me safe i have to take strips at least 8 times a day and during the night as i tend to crash when fast asleep..

What levels ketones should i be worried about and high levels... before ringing 111... as only once i was ovr 40 and thats when i was diagnosed.. **** steroids bain of my life...

• Hug
Reactions: VashtiB