Levels creeping up again. :(

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought I had this cracked after my sudden jump in BS in Jan and meds changed to the original 3000 mg of metformin and the newly added 80 mg of gliclazide in the morning.

Talking with the doc the other day about the level of metformin and this was reduced to 2000 mg. Now for the past few days I have noticed my levels are raising again, where they used to be around 5.0 to 6.0 at bed time they are up to around 11.0 to 13.2 tonight's being 10.7.

When driving around lunch time I would tend to have to have a snack to ensure my levels would stay above, no problem now as they are high as well at around 8.0.

Looks like back to the drawing board again and maybe do battle with the doctors again. Fair enough some food is not what I would call low carb, as some is down to convenience food (chippy tonight) as looking after some one, even so the levels would be in my normal acceptable range at bed time and 2 hours after.

I would not of thought this amount of change would be down to the reduction in metformin, though it appears to coincide with the reduction in the metformin.