Levels still high after starting insulin

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your kind words. I feel a bit silly growling as a 30 year old man while there's 12 year olds and long term sufferers on here. I'll get over it. Adapt to survive right, that's always been the case
We're all allowed the odd growl, we'd all be nutters if we didn't have the odd grumble :D diabetes is weird for everyone, no matter the age. We just all gotta support each other as much as we can :)

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have tried taking your levels about 3 to 4 hrs after taking insulin? The reason I am asking is I am on glargine (toujeo) my understanding is that it takes up to 5 hrs to get in to system which may be the reason you high after you eaten. I take 20 units before I go to bed.

Reactions: Medina27

JPW1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I started insulin last Monday. Slow release Triseba on its own for 4 days, but was having big spikes after meals, so I've been on 2x Fiasp (fast acting) before lunch and dinner since then. I expect I will be increasing the dose of both in the next few days as I'm still a bit high in morning and bedtime, and still have spikes after meals including breakfast, so potentially another Fiasp and higher doses of everything.

So I suppose you ought not to worry about still being high for the time being - I guess its safest to take things slow at the beginng!