Type 1.5 Libra sensor malfunction.

paulmgsmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all,

Just wanted a bit of feedback and personal experience if possible.

I’ve been using my Libra sensor for many of years now and as fantastic as it is, I’ve seen to have hit a intermittent problem with it were is randomly malfunctions saying *Glucose reading unavailable please try again in 10 minutes* however ten minutes pass and it doesn’t seem to want to scan.

Now I tend to find it happens more after exercise but that can be a coincidence and also mainly in the even.

Just wondered if anyone else has recently faced this and if there is something I’m missing or something I can do to prevent this.

Have attempted to include a photo off the error message for reference.

Look forward to anyone’s guidance or advise.

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 40

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all,

Just wanted a bit of feedback and personal experience if possible.

I’ve been using my Libra sensor for many of years now and as fantastic as it is, I’ve seen to have hit a intermittent problem with it were is randomly malfunctions saying *Glucose reading unavailable please try again in 10 minutes* however ten minutes pass and it doesn’t seem to want to scan.

Now I tend to find it happens more after exercise but that can be a coincidence and also mainly in the even.

Just wondered if anyone else has recently faced this and if there is something I’m missing or something I can do to prevent this.

Have attempted to include a photo off the error message for reference.

Look forward to anyone’s guidance or advise.

Paul
I had this the sensor before last so Google told me to switch Bluetooth off and in again then power down my phone and turn it on again. It worked for me!

Reactions: paulmgsmith

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
The only time I get this seams be when my blood sugar is changing quickly and the sensor can't cope with the rapid turnaround .

gogobroom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've recently had this, readings went intermittent, missing chunks and wouldn't read - I contacted Abbots and they sent me a replacement along with a prepaid envelope to return the old sensor. I did keep the sensor on until it ran out as it was reading intermittently. You can check the error logs in settings and if there are loads then likely they will replace.

Reactions: paulmgsmith

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be rapidly changing variants in the interstitial fluid the sensor is embedded in the interstitial fluid?

I’ve seen this after activity for a 20 minute period on an XDrip graph using the Libre.

What exercise are you doing??

paulmgsmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be rapidly changing variants in the interstitial fluid the sensor is embedded in the interstitial fluid?

I’ve seen this after activity for a 20 minute period on an XDrip graph using the Libre.

What exercise are you doing??

Hey, thank you for your reply. The exercise in question is a 5 miles walk/run on a treadmill if that helps, but makes sense the rapid drop or increase may just be enough to confuse the sensor. Out of curiosity I am going to go through all the logs etc to see if it’s picked anything up

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When using the non official apps, you can usually still get readings during the periods where the official reader gives this error. It does seem to correspond to times when BG changes direction rapidly.
I guess Abbott decided the values at these times were too uncertain to share with the user, but personally I prefer having the data even if it comes with caveats that it might be inaccurate.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, thank you for your reply. The exercise in question is a 5 miles walk/run on a treadmill if that helps, but makes sense the rapid drop or increase may just be enough to confuse the sensor. Out of curiosity I am going to go through all the logs etc to see if it’s picked anything up
For me there was a correlation regarding my activity with carpentry/timberwork?
Hand sawing wood with the libre on the “sawing arm..” I’d get dropouts on the librelink app. But on the second app running in tandem (xDrip) there would be a zig zag unnatural peak & drop representation on the graph.