Libre 2 issue

Vicky19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I was wondering if anyone as can since lunch time my libre has been showing my levels are very very high. But every time I’ve done the finger prick they have come up higher but no where near what my libre is showing.

I know there is a 10 minute delay but it shouldn’t be showing this much difference. Does anyone know of the heat could have something to do with this? As if I did a correction dose on this it could of ended up dangerous.
480acdd4-2927-44aa-a27c-038a43db53f4.jpg

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Libre (and other CGMs) are fantastic pieces of kit. But only if you understand their limitations.
One of these is that they are designed to be most accurate at "normal" levels. It is not uncommon for them to over report highs and under report lows.

The other thing to consider, especially given the weather we have at the moment in the UK is that the readers are affected by dehydration. Have you been drinking enough? I know I get dehydrated when my levels are slightly elevated which will not help with Libre accuracy.

Vicky19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I probably having drank as much water today then what I normally would as been working all day. Yeah normally it is very accurate for me my libre to my blood. Just some reason it’s very different at the moment.

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71

Marcey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've been told that glucose/finger prick machine is more accurate & should go by this reading. If your unsure ring your diabetic nurse

Reactions: Lainie71

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I was wondering if anyone as can since lunch time my libre has been showing my levels are very very high. But every time I’ve done the finger prick they have come up higher but no where near what my libre is showing.

I know there is a 10 minute delay but it shouldn’t be showing this much difference. Does anyone know of the heat could have something to do with this? As if I did a correction dose on this it could of ended up dangerous. View attachment 61414
Looks broken to me, try another comparison test later on (they will want 3) and see how far off the two sources are, then ask for a replacement sensor if it's still too far off.