I have started to use a Libre more often. Now that summer is here, I’d like to swim more often, but having recently had a sensor fall off early - probably due to excessive sweating while in a hotter climate - I’m looking for advice on keeping the thing on.
The complicating factor is that I’m very allergic to many plasters/surgical tape etc. (have been very surprised that the Libre adhesive doesn’t cause problems) so wondered if anyone with similar allergies has advice about what to try. I have already tried the tape in the link below, but very quickly had an allergic reaction. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.
@Goonergal, I too have experimented with various Libre plasters - I have found Tegaderm transparent film to be the least irritating to my skin, and there are various sizes - I use the 10x12 as I use a MiaoMiao with my Libre, but there are smaller ones. It is waterresistent and I have found it works seamlessly with my Libre / MiaoMiao.
Hypafix tape is also considered to be hypoallergenic.
I tried kinesiology tape but after a day or two it started to irritate my skin, as does vet wrap - this is non-sticky and works by adhering to itself, but the tape is very elasticated which crinkles up skin beneath and in my case it became very itchy after 24 hours.
If you use Facebook, there is a 'Dexcom and Libre rash' group which might be of help
I'm only a bit sensitive to sticky plasters etc, although curremtly OK with Libre, and on the occassions I've wanted to protect the sensor with RockTape / Tegaderm etc, I've taken a Cetirizine tablet (antihistamine) for a few days, with great effect.
If you'd like to try Tegaderm, PM me and I'll post some to you - I bought a box but don't use them now as prefer Rock Tape, although try to manage without, which I apprecate you're not able to. Yes, I'm lucky, eh