Low blood suger b4 bed

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi on 9 unit of humulin I in the morning just tested bg and was 4.7 worried might have a hypo during the night should I eat something and wait till it rises or what should I do need advice as only been on insulin go about 2 wks also on sitagliptin 100mg morning, gliclazide 160 morning and 80mg night, and other med that are related to other medical conditions

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If your worried that you might go low then have a carby snack, it's better to be safe than experience a hypo.

Try and test your bg levels in the early hours and again on waking, this would be helpful to those who are advising you on your insulin doses.

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for ur advice I'll check the at 4.30 when son wake

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
yeh if you're going low you may need to adjust your basal dosage... but meanwhile eating a snack at night is helpful. My endo recommends that I never go to bed below 8. His theory seems to work most nights. Occasionally I will still hypo though. I think our needs change from time to time so it is just a case of adjusting things.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi on 9 unit of humulin I in the morning just tested bg and was 4.7 worried might have a hypo during the night should I eat something and wait till it rises or what should I do need advice as only been on insulin go about 2 wks also on sitagliptin 100mg morning, gliclazide 160 morning and 80mg night, and other med that are related to other medical conditions
You might want to ask your doctor or nurse why you are on insulin and two other drugs, as it may be better to just be on insulin. It would make it easier to estimate the right amount of insulin, I think.

Reactions: Nooch1