Low Carb Advice

damosmgzr

hi there i am i type 1 diabetic and i am really struggling with losing weight and i wud like sum advice on how 2 do it i think that the low carb wud be better 4 me i am going 2 make a start on it and any other information wud be good i have been in the gym 4 a year and that didnt seem 2 do any thing i am currently trainning with the local boxing club which is great and they r trying 2 help me next year is the year 4 me i am gonna go 4 it and get in shape thanks DAMO :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
The gym helps, but research shows that to lose weight on exercise alone, you need to do a LOT of it.
Weight problems often come to T1s who are using too much insulin{like my T1 husband was)
Reducing your carbs and reducing your insulin in line with that SHOULD help. It should also help with hypos and highs.
The defining book is Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. Ask your library for it. They often don't have it and will order it in. the book explains everything
Hana

damosmgzr

hanadr said:
The gym helps, but research shows that to lose weight on exercise alone, you need to do a LOT of it.
Weight problems often come to T1s who are using too much insulin{like my T1 husband was)
Reducing your carbs and reducing your insulin in line with that SHOULD help. It should also help with hypos and highs.
The defining book is Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. Ask your library for it. They often don't have it and will order it in. the book explains everything
Hana

thank you 4 d advice i have now orderd Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution i will have a look and c wot i can do and keep u posted on my progress thank you