low carb meal for work?

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
what is a good low carb meal i can take to work? no use of a fridge!
i am rubbish at know what meals to have.

what do you guys have?
thanks

Grazer

If you got a cool bag with an ice pack, (cheap!), you could take stuff like a salad with cherry tomatos, ham or fish like smoked mackerel, hard boiled egg and avocado. Or maybe some prawns with salad. If you can tolerate a few carbs, you could have a slice of Burgen soya and linseed bread with it, and a small bag of mixed nuts. Quite a feast! It would make your colleagues jealous!

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have made a note of this. Ham though, i dislike fish :) Cool bag is a good idea. I never thought of that!

WhitbyJet

candi-girl - a cool bag is an excellent idea, so you dont like fish, ok sliced meats, continental sausages, low carb bread or Burgen bread if you can tolerate that, low carb muffins, slices of frittata with a salad, low carb quiche all make good lunches. I bake my own low carb bread and make my own sandwich fillers/spreads, if you want recipes, let me know, very quick and easy to make and a bit different to what you get in supermarkets. Hummous and vegetable sticks, can make delicious Scotch Eggs into low carb by using high meat content sausage meat, then roll the eggs twice in a mix of parmesan and almond flour, they taste better than ordinary Scotch eggs.

All thre best

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
WhitbyJet said:
can make delicious Scotch Eggs into low carb by using high meat content sausage meat, then roll the eggs twice in a mix of parmesan and almond flour, they taste better than ordinary Scotch eggs.

Wow! Hadn't thought of that! I love scotch eggs and really miss them so will deinately be giving this a go!

Thanks

Smidge