low carb ready made foods and meals

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello @ditzeeblonde I make celeriac chips. I peel and chop and place in large sandwich bag, add some olive oil and paprika ( you can add what you like, have used chilli powder or just salt and pepper). I then tie the bag and mix up, so olive oil and seasoning coats chips, when ready put on oven tray and bake. I know it's not a ready meal but delicious ( in my opinion)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Someone on another forum suggested halving it like you do, then standing it peeled side down on the board and cutting it into segments (a bit like you might do with an onion) and then removing the thin strip from the edge. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds a good idea - was this what you meant?
No, that sounds too fiddly, I cut from the top of the dome down to the chopping board with my knife flat against the celeriac to just remove a thin layer of peel in strips. The secret is to have a large (8" blade?) sharp cook's knife like the ones used by tv chefs for chopping onions.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I cut celeriac in to slices across the way (slicing off the top and bottom) and then the slices are easy to peel. I do the same with swede. Using a really sharp knife helps. :)

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Use a sharp cook's knife not a peeler. Cut in half and stand it on the flat surface. Cut down to remove strips of peel and root.
I planted 108 celeriac plants last year and I'm down to 2-and-a-bit rows. I use your method to peel but I'm beginning to look like one now!!

I'm also from the Crocodile Dundee school of kitchen knives...